/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, February 26, 2015

How Enterprises Use AI

In CWorld:   Good overview of the expansion of the use of cognitive, AI and links to Machine learning.  Based on learnings at the recent AAAI meeting.   My experience and connections, have led to getting lots of queries about where to start.

" .... While A.I. is being used in smartphones and self-driving cars, it's also working its way into the enterprise to filter spam out of email, handle complicated scheduling or detecting fraud in big data deployments.

"I think IT probably needs artificial intelligence," said Stephen Smith, a professor who specializes in robotics and A.I. at Carnegie Mellon University. "There are increasing cyberattacks we're dealing with. We have bigger, more complex problems with all the issues arising out of the explosion of the Web and all of our big data. We're already using A.I. It's already there. I think A.I. in the enterprise is going to start to cascade." ... " 

No comments: