/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Auction Technology

Have now been involved in several projects that dealt with auction technology and related decision and classification methods.  Both for supply side material acquisition and for classic 'auctions'  via auction houses and interactive bidding, both online and on site.   See my previous posts on this topic.

I note that there is an upcoming movie memorabilia auction being done by Bonhams and TCM.  Since much auction traffic these days is done online, I reviewed their site for the auction.  Very nicely done, with high speed results, imaging and categorization. Options for live access.   See the site here.

One failing I did see was a lack of complete tagging of individual items.

The auction starts live on November 25, 2013 at 1 PM EST and I will be following for a while.

No comments: