/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Hello @WalmartLabs

An intriguing development.  As part of my role in the innovation centers I hosted Wal-Mart many times and I hope we inspired them to set up something similar:

Kosmix becomes Walmartlabs  " ... Today also is the first day in the life of @WalmartLabs. As I wrote in my prior post, our mission is to invent the next generation of ecommerce: integrated experiences that leverage the store, the web, and mobile, with social identity being the glue. We are at an inflection point in the point in the development of retailing. Social media will have as profound an effect on the trajectory of retail in the early years of the 21st century as did the development of highways in the early part of the 20th century. @WalmartLabs, which combines Walmart’s scale with Kosmix’s social genome platform, is in a unique position to invent and build this future. ... "

No comments: