/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Future of e-Paper, Kindle and TextonPhone

Good article: The future of e-paper: The Kindle is only the beginning. Participated in a test of e-paper as alternative signage. I saw a demonstration of the Kindle book reader last week by a person I met with and was impressed. I referenced something from a book and in a few minutes he bought and downloaded the book and was looking at the page. Readability was good. Though it is another device to drag around.

I am also testing TextonPhone on my IPhone. This has 20K free books available, lots of these from Project Gutenberg. As a test I started to read 'The Great Gatsby'. Not too bad an experience on the Iphone, with a smaller screen than the Kindle, except when I increased the font size for comfortable reading I had to do too much paging. Speed of download very good, even on the pokey AT&T E-network.

No comments: