/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, May 05, 2007

FMI MarkeTechnics

This next week I am attending the FMI show in Chicago. FMI is the Food Marketing Institute. Have attended these a number of times over the last ten years. I attend primarily to understand how technology in grocery and pharma is changing. I am interested in new technologies that interact with the consumer in the store and especially at the shelf. I have covered such ideas as interactive displays, RFID tagging, in-cart personalized systems and interactions between consumer's personal devices such as cellphones and the retailer. Although the last ten years have brought many changes, the basic store presence, from a technical leverage perspective, looks very similar to the consumer. The show indicates the ebb and flow of ideas. Large company presence indicates investment changes, small company presence indicate new ideas and potential testing to be done. Anything I really should see? Send me an email at the address in top of the right column.

No comments: